Thursday, November 8, 2007

Intro

Given that a considerable amount of my posts are progressively becoming more grammar/linguistics related, I felt it appropriate to start a new blog just for that, and keep the other blogs free of language la-dee-da's. The inspiration behind Grimm, aside from my personal fascination with das Märchen is also their astounding work in producing the first Wörterbuch.

On that subject, actually, is an interesting book I'd been reading on the meaning of "dictionary", at the recommendation of Prof. R. A. Harris: Modern Lexicography, by Henri Béjoint. But more on that in a later post.

So, what you can expect from me in this blog, is a series of posts about language speculation, largely about English, and mostly grammatical, although I imagine that as I continue my studies, they'll get progressively get less prescriptive.

Over time, I may pre-date most of my language-related posts from my other blogs here, so look out for that. :)

No comments: